If you ever needed a do-it-yourself wall insulation guide, here it is. Installing your own wall insulation is possible with the help of high-quality insulation materials. Town & Country Insulation provides the best materials for DIY projects along with expert help and guidance. By the end of this guide, you will learn a lot and if you have any doubts, we are always there for you.
How to Begin Installing Wall Insulation?
The first and foremost thing to begin with wall insulation is ensuring the proper alignment of the layers of insulation. While the first layer should be facing against the drywall to prevent evaporation, the second layer should face away to prevent moisture retention.
Another aspect that determines the success of wall insulation installation is how the insulation batts are stapled. While stapling isn’t mandatory, it helps them stay in place by holding on to the framing joists.
Here are a few precautions you need to follow for safe and efficient DIY wall insulation:
- Turn off the fuse box power before installation and ensure no one turns it on before completion by preferably placing a warning tag.
- Make sure no electrical appliances are operating during the installation.
Step-By-Step Do-It-Yourself Wall Insulation
Here is a step-by-step do-it-yourself wall insulation guide:
- Start from the underside of the top plate, preferably 75mm from the vertical stud.
- Staple a string to the underside top plate and drop it to the top of the nogging. Run it towards yourself and turn it to the nogging underside. Staple it then.
- Drop the string to the bottom plate and tension it. Then staple it.
If you want to know about more DIY wall insulation options in detail, contact the Town & Country Insulation team for the best advice and expert guidance. Additionally, explore our website and read our blogs for the latest insights.