One question many DIY enthusiasts often ask is whether the underfloor insulation is something that is worth trying. DIY underfloor insulation is definitely manageable with the help of rigid EPS panels. Town & Country Insulation provides you with the perfect products to encourage DIY underfloor insulation in a smooth and sustainable way.
But how exactly do you install underfloor insulation? The universal rule to begin underfloor insulation is by starting at the corner most point. Lift the floorboards to install the insulation between the floor joists for efficient operation. Switching off the power at the fuse box and signalling others to avoid starting on power before the end of the installation are necessary precautions to safely install the insulation.
How To Do Underfloor Insulation
If you are still wondering how to do underfloor insulation, here is a step-by-step guide for the same:
- Begin with the point that is furthest away from the centre.
- Centre the insulation segment, fold down both the edges and staple it 75mm down the joist. Staple every 50mm for the first 200mm and then staple 300mm apart.
- Cut the insulation to length and staple it at the top point next to the floor. Then taper the staples down the joist along the next 200mm. This way, the staples would settle 75mm down the joist.
How Effective Is Underfloor Insulation
If you are wondering really how effective underfloor insulation is, here are a few points to help you out:
- It helps ensure the thermal efficiency of your home.
- It reduces the wastage or loss of heat.
- It helps you save money and maintenance costs.
- It insulates and protects your home in the long run.
If you need any more help regarding DIY underfloor insulation, just contact Town & Country Insulation. Our experts provide you with the perfect advice. You can also have a look at our blogs and send us your queries for instant help.